A sporty and light children's mountain bike on the 29er principle, for people from approx. 1.60 m (if necessary also up to 8-9cm below).
The super-light sports hardtail
MAX is the original and founder of a new class of sporty kids mountain bikes. Whether you want to race XC or go on long tours, you don't need more than MAX. But also not less. Size Matters has always been the motto at VPACE and the transfer of the 29er concept was adapted for children's mountain bikes for the first time with MAX. The combination of modern geometry, large wheels and well thought-out equipment makes MAX the perfect partner for cross country.
What MAX can do
What we wanted to do better with MAX compared to other frames on the market:
- A shorter rear triangle makes the frame very agile and weight transfer to the rear wheel becomes child's play.
- The steeper seat angle in combination with the right crank length makes ergonomic pedaling possible.
- The shortened top tube and head tube enable make for a fun-handling bike - just as it should be for children.
- Elegant and well-dimensioned tubing reduces weight - a good basis for a lightweight kids’ bike.
From the outset, the frame is designed with child-friendly components in mind so as to form a sensible unit between both:
- Front derailleurs are superfluous and complicate the shifting process. Therefore, single drive with the widest possible range is what we went for
- The frame was developed for disc brakes - disc only
The 29er principle
Kids who are put on 20 inch bikes by other manufacturers start out on 24 inch bikes with us and benefit especially from the smoothness and riding stability. Our bikes are more or less a 29er based on 20 - 29 inch wheels. Thanks to the larger wheels, obstacles are better negotiated and the young athlete gains from more riding confidence and also an increase in speed. What's more, it simply looks damn good - just like the big ones!
Range of use
The MAX29 Large corresponds to a category 3 mountain bike. Bikes in this category can also be used on rough trails, in rough terrain and on difficult routes that require good riding technique. Jumps and drops can occur here up to a maximum height of 61cm. The MAX29L youth bike is designed for a rider weight of max. 70 kg.
MAX29L Large Youth Mountain Bike Geometry
The MAX children's bikes can normally be ridden from the beginning of the size recommendation two to three years and cover a maximum height growth of 20 cm - after adjusting the seat post and stem.