MATTI, the fun trail hardtail
MATTI is like your best buddy, always up for a bit of fun! Almost as sporty as the original but with an extra portion of downhill fun. If you don't want to commit yourself, then MATTI is the right choice. Riding around with friends, flowing trails or a tour with the family - anything is possible. The geometry is slightly flatter than the MAX, the large wheels with grippy tires, the wide handlebars and the dropper post support you even in difficult terrain and make MATTI the ideal all-round bike, albeit a little heavier.
A sporty and lightweight children's mountain bike based on the 29er principle, for kids from approx. 1.20 m.
What sets our children's bikes apart
The frame is designed from the outset with child-friendly components in mind in order to form a sensible unit with them. What we wanted to do better than the frames on the market:
- a shorter rear triangle makes the frame very agile and and weight transfer to the rear wheel becomes child's play.
- the steeper seat angle in combination with the right crank length allows for ergonomic cranking.
- the shortened top tube and head tube lengths enable playful handling of the bike - just as it should be for children.
- an elegant and well-dimensioned tubeset reduces the weight and is therefore a good basis for a lightweight children's bike.
The frame is designed from the outset with child-friendly components in mind in order to form a sensible unit with them:
- Front derailleurs are superfluous and complicate the shifting process, hence single drivetrain with the widest possible range.
- the frame was consistently developed for disc brakes – disc only.
The 29er principle
Kids who are put on 20-inch wheels by other manufacturers start off on 24-inch wheels with us and benefit in particular from the smooth running and riding stability. MAX is therefore more or less a 29er based on 20 - 29 inch wheels. Obstacles are easier to roll over thanks to the larger wheels and the young athlete gains riding safety as speed increases. It also looks damn good - just like the big ones!
Range of use
The MATTI24 corresponds to a category 3 mountain bike. Bikes in this category can also be used on rough trails, in rough terrain and on difficult routes that require good riding technique. Jumps and drops can occur here up to a maximum height of 60 cm. This bike has been developed for a rider weight of max. 40 kg.
MATTI24 kids trail mountain bike Geometry
Die MAX-Kinderbikes können ab Beginn der Größenempfehlung idR zwei bis drei Jahre gefahren werden und decken ein Größenwachstum von ca. 15 cm ab – ca. 2 Jahre Nutzunsdauer.